Several Types of Vocal Music Explanations and Instruments
Art is a science whose work can be easily found in society and has entered into people’s lives. Various works of art that have been created and support human life from various kinds of art among all branches of art, art music is one of the most developed branches that can be very much interested.
This fact is quite evident if we look at art lessons at school in general, so more students choose to study music rather than fine arts or dance besides that almost every time we easily hear and see people listening to music in various places. Therefore people prefer the art of music because it is easy to learn and understand.
The function of the arts of music including as a means of entertainment, expression of one’s day, a means of calming the heart or as a accompaniment to other performances Monday. Of the various functions contained in the art of music, it’s no wonder that music has become a part of everyday life and is able to live in the activities of people working in the world of music.
In the process of studying the world of art in depth then not only memorizing or knowing it is generally interpreted as but also must know various kinds of things related to music art ranging from forming elements, branches or types in this discussion we will discuss the types of art music and instruments through the explanation and review below.
Vocal Music Type
Vocal music can be interpreted as music derived from human voices obtained from a person who sings or a group of people without any accompanying or supporting voices. In the work produced by vocal music is very dependent on the type of vocal music vocal has divided into several types based on several things if seen from the number of people who produce vocal sounds, it can be divided into several.
- Solo, a type of vocal music that is produced from a singer only.
- Choir, a type of vocal music produced by many singers with various types of sounds that are put together into a single unit.
- Group, a type of vocal music produced by several people in one sound unit.
Type of Instrument Music
Regarding the types of vocal music and instruments, the next will discuss the types of music instruments. Music instrument is explained as music that is produced from a sound of a good music instrument, a modern music instrument or a traditional music instrument, a common music instrument that is often used as a music instrument including violin, piano drum, guitar and many others that are often used in a good music performance. it is both instrument and mix with vocals.
In the process of presenting each piece of music can be distinguished based on the music contained therein. Presentation of vocal music will be more different from the presentation of music instruments and mixes in terms of the work produced and even also with the type of connoisseurs of the work. Here are some explanations about music based on the type of vocal and instrument music.
- Acapella, music whose presentation only uses vocal sound alone in a group that originally developed as church music.
- Nasyid, Nasyid is also the same as acapella which is music with only vocal sounds and is a work in Islam. In the presentation each person will have their respective roles to imitate the sounds of certain instruments.
- Drum Band, a drum band is a musical presentation composed of various kinds of musical instruments without any additional vocals in them. The current drum band has become one of the branches or types of music that are contested starting from the national level to the international level.
- Instrumental music, the presentation of music that only uses other instruments is intrumental music which will usually be performed by a music group with various instruments in it.
- Band music, this type of music is a mixture of instrument music in which there are also vocal sounds with lyrics and tones that match the sound of the instrument. In band music, instruments that are usually used include drums, piano or keyboard, guitar, bass, and others. Each genre of music played by a music band will determine what tools are used.
- Dangdut music, dangdut music is also a type of music that presents a mixture of vocal music and instrument music and is almost the same as band music. What distinguishes between band music and dangdut music is the instrument used. Typically, dangdut will use a drum in every work produced.
Those are some explanations about the types of vocal music and instruments that we can differentiate into music vocals and music instruments and can increase understanding in the learning process in the music world.